Thursday, December 31, 2009

America On A Plate @ Betty's Midwest Kitchen Aman Suria


 
Betty's Midwest Kitchen is one of the latest western cuisine restaurant in PJ. Unlike usual Italian, French or Spanish; Betty's kitchen specialized in hearty American Midwest Cuisine.It is a family run business with a really friendly, heart warming ambiance. You will expect strong Yankee's influence on the decoration as the owner had been staying in the states for years.

 I paid my second visit to Betty's Kitchen tonight for my new year eve dinner. I must say that i was a little on the disappointed side during my first visit due to extremely high expectation. But the dinner tonight had totally tossed my mind. It was simply awesome !! I can't wait to go back for more.  

  
House fresh lemonade is indeed a better version of it kind. It is very refreshing with goodness of lemon crush. I cannot resist this. I opted for the fresh lemonade instead of the Budweiser, which happen to be my favorite beer as well. Ok! Ok! I wasn't in the mood to have beer hence my decision.

  
As any other restaurant, Betty's have their own version of soup of the day too. The sausage & bacon soup. The soup is enlighten with baby carrot, celery, sausage and bacon bits. Served with buttered garlic bread. Thumb up from me.

  
The grilled baby back pork ribs was the highlight of the night. The meat was succulent true to their description on their menu. The ribs was marinated in Betty's special sauce which bring perfect combination to the crispiness of the grill. 

  
Simply awesome and mouth-watering !! Words description cannot do enough justice. Priced @ RM28.50. You need to try it to believe it.

  
Their signature meat loaf during my first visit. I will prefer a firmer version else it will taste like usual mince meat. Both onion relish and the mashed potatoes were great. The sparks of this dish was the beer sauce for dipping. I shall give this another try someday.

  
Grilled Beer Braised Boston Butt. It wasn't the ass part of the Oink Oink Okay !!! It was the shoulder part that been used. True American !!

  
Mixed Sausage Platter. Combination of different types of Bratwurst. 

Lovely Family Run Little Kitchen Worth a Visit !! 

  


3 comments:

suituapui said...

Wow!!! Lucky you! I just had a simple dinner at home - Sob! Sob! Drooling at the sausages especially! Yum! Yum! Happy New Year to you!

Charles said...

STP...it's great to have new year eve dinner at home. Me and my housemate are just too lazy to get into the kitchen. Have a great year ahead yo

Stefanie said...

This is great right?! I tried it and blog about it too!

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails